As students progress through the school, they increasingly set their sights high! We therefore pride ourselves on offering a wide range of ambitious International Trips to enhance our students’ experiences and test their resilience beyond what would be possible if staying in the UK.
Academic Trips Abroad
Our students are often offered opportunities to extend their academic expertise in one or more subjects through a trip abroad. Some of the trips that have recently taken place abroad include:
- Art History Trips to Paris and Madrid
- Biology Field Trip Scuba Diving in Malaysia
- Classics Trips to Italy and Greece
- France Day Trips and Exchanges
- German Exchanges to several of our Round Square partner schools
- Geography Field Trips to the Alps and Morocco
- History and English Department Battlefields Trips
- PE GCSE Skiing Trips
- Physics Trips to CERN in Switzerland
- Spanish Exchanges in Cadiz
Trips such as these greatly enhance our students’ motivation and enjoyment of their academic subjects.
Co-Curricular Trips Abroad
Students always enjoy their co-curricular pursuits, so travelling abroad to further their interests and experiences is usually the icing on the cake! Recent examples of co-curricular trips abroad include:
- Sports Tours to Australia, France, Malta, Denmark and the USA, in Netball, Rugby, Cricket, Basketball and Golf
- Drama Tours to the USA, Argentina and Switzerland
- Music Tours to Italy
- Model United Nations Trips to the UN in Geneva
- Community Service Trips to assist our partner charity Magic Bus in Mumbai
- Round Square Exchanges to destinations such as Peru, South Africa and Australia
- Round Square Conferences in Thailand, Germany and Denmark
- Adventure Trips, often as part of the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award, and often in association with either The Wilderness Foundation or World Challenge.
Each year, a group of sixth form students travel to Mumbai in India for ten days to assist our partner charity Magic Bus in turning around the lives of Indian street children. Founded by old Felstedian, Matthew Spacie, this inspirational charity will also change the life of any Felsted student who joins this trip.
Social and Cultural Trips Abroad
Twice a year, our Cultural Society travels to a major European city for the weekend. These trips are specifically designed to enhance our students’ knowledge and awareness of the culture in question, and they are especially popular with our younger students. Destinations recently travelled to include Amsterdam, Istanbul, Krakow and Auschwitz, Jerusalem and Prague.